This section describes the steps needed to successfully update the software version of the MIRAI controller. Please get in touch with Micropsi Industries service team to get the latest software release for the update.
- Please use a USB drive and format it with FAT32 (ideally 16GB and larger), and preferably use two separate USB drives, first for creating a backup of your skills, and the second for the software update process.
- Before you proceed to update the software, please create a backup of the current skills.
- To proceed with the software update, download the software file from the link sent to you from the Micropsi Industries service team.
- Copy the software file onto your (second) USB drive.
- Turn on the MIRAI controller and wait for the second beep, signaling that the system is ready.
- In the Robot Training app, tap ‘Update’, under the Software update section in Service Support (left menu). Under certain circumstances an internet connection is required for the update process.
Insert the USB stick with the update file into the USB port of your box. Make sure the software update file is placed in the root directory of the USB. Tap ‘Next’.
It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your skills. The backup will be saved on the USB drive you have plugged in the MIRAI controller box. Tap on ‘Create backup’. Tap ‘Next’.
Please enable remote access during the software update process. This is a recommended step so that in case something goes wrong, our support team is able to intervene. Please ensure that your network firewall allows remote access (see the image on the right below for settings).
Tap on ‘Start the update’ to proceed with the software update process Once the software is successfully updated, the following message is displayed.
IMPORTANT: Please uninstall the current MIRAI Training App on your tablet before reinstalling the latest MIRAI Training App from the MIRAI controller.
To install the updated MIRAI Training App, start the internet browser of the tablet and go to http://mirai:6543/mint/apk. Click to confirm downloading the MIRAI Training App installation file ‘mint.apk’. After downloading, tap on the file in the Android file browser to install the app. In case of a security message requesting permission to install the apk, grant the request.
Note: You might also need to download the latest MIRAI URCap file. If applicable and required, the URCap file would also be provided in a downloadable link in the email.
After the software update, the Training App also needs to be updated. Tap on ‘Download MIRAI Training App’ to install the latest version.
Article is closed for comments.