Occasionally, the OnRobot computebox may require a software update. This is processed through the OnRobot WebClient and will require a PC with an available ethernet port.
Note: This software is not a product of Micropsi Industries. For additional support, please reach out to your OnRobot Rep or contact their support team for your region.
To begin, download the latest software version from the OnRobot site and unzip it to any folder.
- Power on the compute box, wait 30 seconds.
- Set your PC’s Ethernet network to use DHCP.
- Connect to the compute box via Ethernet to your PC.
- The PC should get an automatically assigned IP from the compute box in the range of 192.168.1.*
- Open your web browser and type: http://192.168.1.1
- An administration page will launch. Enter:
Password: OnRobotFT (Also try password: OnRobot) Note: upper and lower case matter!
In the web interface you will find the tab "Update," select "Software."
Locate the (.cbu file) you just downloaded and click "UPDATE."
This process will take about 5 minutes.
Once successfully updated, the Computebox will reboot. Next we will need to update firmware.
Head back to the webclient and login again. Go to the "Update" tab once more.
Click on "UPDATE" in the "Firmware" field.
Once this step is complete, you can disconnect your PC from the computebox safely.